Thursday, June 9, 2011

First Week of Creativity, Days 3-6, Dresses that are too short, and Screen Printing Designs

Day 3:

I got a dress about a week ago at a consignment store. It was really short and didn't have sleeves, but I loved it and figured it could be a swim cover up. Of course, it didn't occur to me when I bought it that I didn't swim very often, so I pulled it out this week and decided to make it into a shirt :) I cut about 6 inches off the bottom and got a nice summer shirt out of it, and since the bottom portion still had the hem on it, I might use it later to add sleeves so I won't have to wear a shirt under--isn't it just so pretty?






Day 4 & 6:

For my husband's birthday, I wanted to do something personal, and since I recently got a Silhouette machine and learned a really cheap way to screen print things (tutorial and examples forthcoming!), I wanted to screen print a LEGO Mini-Figure (the Hasmat Man to be precise) and brick. Here's the designs I worked up on Saturday for that:



I also thought I should make something for myself---and beside sewing, photography is one of my greatest passions :) So on Day 6 (Monday) I thought "how about a Silhouette of my camera?"




And what did I do for day 5, you say? Well, since you asked, I made a special dinner for my wedding anniversary, my own new version of Chicken Parmesan, and it turned out better than I had ever made before! Unfortunately, I completely forgot to take a picture of it, so you will just have to trust me :)

No comments: